SALTO KS is a wireless, cloud-based smart lock technology company founded in 2012 and based in Amsterdam. We are a close team of 35 made up of developers, technology lovers, and innovative thinkers and locking technology is our business. We offer the only wireless smart lock platform that allows other companies to create and offer their own smart lock solutions.
As an Embedded Engineer at SALTO KS you’ll be one of two people specialized in embedded Linux within the close-knit SALTO KS development team consisting of over 15 Bricks. Use your authentic skillset and experience to help build new features and create new hardware solutions based on the ongoing customer needs and market trends. Your contributions will have immediate, visible impact on the success of the product.
SALTO KS’s core mission is to grant easy access for businesses anywhere around the world, in a logical and user-friendly way. As a platform company we build world-class APIs and facilitate industry leaders to integrate cloud-based access control to their businesses. The innovative and smart lock API’s, that are build and expanded by SALTO KS’s developers are used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world on a daily basis. Security, stability and scalability are our driving principles.
That is why we need you!
We are in need of an experienced embedded engineer that can adapt quickly. By the end of your first year at SALTO KS we expect you to flawlessly foresee the customers demand in this ongoing changing market and increase product appeal. You’ll be co-responsible for the heart of our product and strongly believe design and implementation of the embedded software is the basis of an optimal user experience. You are passionate about embedded software development and excited to hop on this train that’s heading to the next IoT revolution fast!
Join our talented development team and be a big part of the amazing things we are achieving at SALTO KS!
What you'll do
The IQ is the hub that connects smart locks to the Cloud. You will work towards improving and maintaining the embedded software processes linked to the production of the IQ’s, which takes place in the factory of SALTO KS’s mother company SALTO Systems in Spain. We have proudly conceived, designed and developed this uniquely designed, cutting edge product. You will work together with an exceptional group of international people that accelerate when working as a team.
Technical skills and expertise
- Ability to develop, enhance and maintain embedded software, by being responsible for the application development in C++ on an Embedded Linux platform
- Interact with various hardware and software vendors on complex system integration tasks to achieve efficient, cost-effective and exquisite product solutions
- Co-create the optimal embedded software by analyzing what works and what doesn’t
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++ and knowledge of Dependency Injection
- Knowledge of protocols such as ZigBee, BLE, Ethernet/WiFi, UART, M2M and build tools such as Buildroot, Makefile and/or Cmake, Code analysis and/or SonarQube, Build automation, Jenkins
- Ability and experience with the testing function, specifically related to Unit testing, functional testing and integration testing
- You have an impeccable technical expertise and are deeply passionate about embedded development
- You are a proactive individual with an analytical mindset that thinks of ways how to improve on a daily basis
- You thrive and enjoy collaborating with a team of multicultural experts
- You hold a university level degree and you have relevant work experience in the embedded field.